- 1/4 cup masoor malka
- 1/4 cup chana dal
- 1/4 cup white beans/kidney beans
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 cup cooked pasta
- 2 medium carrots small dice
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 medium zucchini diced
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning mixed herbs
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp Red chilli flakes
- 300 g Tomatoes
- 50 g baby tomatoes optional
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar/white wine vinegar
- 4-5 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Mix all the lentils, wash and soak them for 2-3 hours.
- Pressure cooke them with 2 cups of water for 1-2 whistles. or cook them covered on slow heat for 40-50 minutes till they are tender.
- Make an incision in tomatoes, boil, peel and blend them to a smooth puree. ( Tomato puree* link in recipe Note)
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the onions, carrots, celery, zucchini, and saute for 4 minutes.
- Add the cooked beans, tomato puree and sliced baby tomatoes if you are using them.
- Add vegetable broth, mixed herbs, black pepper, salt and stir it well.
- Allow the soup to simmer for 20 minutes on low medium heat. Keep it stirring in between.
- Check the seasoning and consistency of the soup. If you like it thicker take out small portion and blend it. Return the blended soup back to the pan and mix well.
- Serve it hot with a generous sprinkle of parmesan cheese and a crostini if you like.
← Older Post
Newer Post →