7 Chakra Organic
Organic sunflower Kernels
Looking for a health-promoting snack? Enjoy a handful of mild nutty tasting sunflower seeds with their firm but tender texture to take care of your hunger and get a wealth of nutrition at the same time. Sunflower seeds are available at your local market throughout the year.
Sunflower seeds are the gift of the beautiful sunflower that has rays of petals emanating from its bright yellow, seed-studded center. The flower produces grayish-green or black seeds encased in tear-dropped shaped gray or black shells that oftentimes feature black and white stripes. Since these seeds have a very high oil content, they are one of the main sources of polyunsaturated oil.
Anti-Inflammatory and Cardiovascular Benefits from Sunflower Seeds' Vitamin E
Sunflower Seeds' Phytosterols Lower Cholesterol
Calm Your Nerves, Muscles and Blood Vessels with Sunflower Seeds' Magnesium
Improved Detoxification and Cancer Prevention from Sunflower Seeds' Selenium
A Few Quick Serving Ideas
- Add sunflower seeds to your favorite tuna, chicken or turkey salad recipe.
- Garnish mixed green salads with sunflower seeds.
- Adding sunflower seeds to scrambled eggs will give them a unique taste and texture.
- Use fine ground sunflower seeds to dust your meats with in place of flour.
- Sprinkle sunflower seeds onto hot and cold cereals.